It’s now March of 2017, and that means we’re well into the Year of the Rooster. And although it’s a little late, I’d still like to wish you all a Happy Chinese New Year, and a prosperous 2017. Chinese New Year is always a special time of year, both for Chinese people all over the world, as well as all of us who share an interest and love of the Chinese culture and people. So I hope that every one of you has been able to get the New Year off to a great start, together with your friends and families.
New Content to Watch For in the New Year
Yes it’s true. I’ve been away from the site for a while (I recently started new job), which has sadly prevented me from posting new articles until now. However, I’m still committed to sharing my thoughts and experiences concerning China, as well as helping even more Westerners/non-Chinese take their first steps toward understanding the country and people. With that in mind, I’d like to share some information on new content I’ll be working on in 2017.
- Videos: One cool thing I’ll be trying out in 2017 is shooting videos exclusively for the China Culture Corner. And no matter whether they’re full discussions on topics in and of themselves, or simply supplements to existing and new articles, I hope they’ll make learning about China easier and more interesting.
- Chinese Tech: As I’ve been working for a Chinese technology firm for the past several years, and have now transitioned into a role focusing on consumer tech, I’ve lately been thinking it would be fun to create new content focusing on developments in the Chinese tech world, whether it be devices, social media, or technologies. So look out for those in the next few months, and let me know if there is anything specific you’d like to see covered.
- Building Cultural Bridges: While many of my previous articles have focused more on explaining basic facts and how-tos about China, in the future I also plan to talk more about my personal views about Chinese society, in order to try and give an even more human face to the Chinese people, as well as clear up many misconceptions I feel are still common outside China.
Feedback is Always Welcome
I’m also always happy to receive feedback, ideas, and thoughts from readers and fans. Below are the best ways to get a hold of me.
- Twitter: I’ve recently started using Twitter a lot more, and can be reached at https://twitter.com/SeanUM_China. So whether it’s a simple question, feedback on an article, or a simple shout-out, feel free to send a tweet my way.
- Facebook: The China Culture Corner also has a Facebook Page where I share new articles from the site. I also welcome readers to share and discuss interesting news about Chinese culture and society from around the web.
- Email: As always, you can send me an email via the site’s Contact page.
- Leave a Comment: If all else fails, please feel free to leave a comment at the end of an article. And while comments are moderated, this is done only to ensure the site remains a place for constructive discussion and learning. Dissenting views and opinions are always welcome, so long as they are conveyed with respect.
So on that note, thanks for reading, and may your 2017 be filled be joy and new beginnings!